Each January, I find myself saying the same thing . . .
This year I will:
* Not do laundry every day
* Stop worrying if I have random unattached hairs on the back of my shirt
* Have Peanut make her own lunch
* Stop checking my email at every red light
* Learn photoshop
Run outside once a week
* Learn all my account numbers for my credit cards
* Not have the TV on during dinner
* Remember to call my family & friends on their birthdays
* Read a [as in singular - ONE] book
* r e l a x
* Be a better friend
* Never start a sentence with the phrase, "no offense"
* Enjoy the process
44% [you know I love that] of all Americans make "New Years Resolutions".
res·o·lu·tion/ˌrɛzəˈluʃən/ Show Spelled[rez-uh-loo-shuhn]
1. a formal expression of opinion or intention made, usually after voting, by a formal organization, a legislature, a club, or other group. Compare concurrent resolution, joint resolution.
2. a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
3. the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc
However, I love the way Gretchin Rubin thinks of NYR's . . . . more like "COMMANDMENTS".
12 Rules [commandments] to strive to keep for the upcoming year.
/kəˈmændmənt, -ˈmɑnd-/ Show Spelled[kuh-mand-, -mahnd-]
1.to have or exercise authority or control over; be master of; have at one's bidding or disposal:or mandate.
2. to direct with specific authority or prerogative; order.
2. to require authoritatively; demand.
So here they are in NO specific oder.
1. Make time for projects.
2. Go outside [enjoy being outside]
3. Stay in touch.
4. Be there. Be Present.
5. Trust my instincts.
6. Be silly. Be spontaneous.
7. Aim higher.
8. Spread joy.
9. Choose not to take things personally.
10. Motivate & encourage others.
11. Be a haven.
12. Be Emz.
[and I just had to share my card from my Peanut for my birthday . . . ]
** Soooooooo **
Did you make any New Years Resolutions?
Any you want to share?