I. love. you.
Yes, I know we are only 5 days in but what an awesome 5 days it has been.
Yes, today IS my Birthday.
Yes, I am a HUGE birthday LOVER.
FREAKING HUGE. And my family knows it. ;)
Last year I ran 35 miles on my 35th birthday and loved it.
However................... it felt a little empty.
I know I can run. I know I'm a little crazy on my treadmill.
So this year, I decided to do my "age in miles run" along with my take on Ann Curry's 26ACTS [info here].
But-----------I did 36 miles and 36 ACTS.
I had the best cheerleader ever for the last quarter mile. Freaking love my girl.
And the 36 acts................
So. grateful. I. did. them.
I won't share each one individually as a few were done for neighbors and acquaintances. Most were done anonymously but some were not.
* Peanut and I dropped of a sweet treat for a neighborhood friend.
* I randomly placed gift cards in books at a local public library.
* One day of being a courteous driver. No honking. Allowing people in front of me in traffic. This may seem like nothing but I'm a rather impatient driver.
* When I stopped to get the Pita his "get ME better now soup" I paid for a persons "to-go" order while I was there [before they had arrived].
* We made banana bread and doorbell ditched them to random neighbors.
* Took Chipotle to a family whose Mom was sick.
* Paid for the McDonald's order behind me in the drive-thru. Bet that guy wishes he had ordered more than a McDouble. [$1.08----do I know how to pick them or what?! ;) ]
* Sent a few dollars to someone I have never met but heard things had been tight [financially] for.
* Gathered carts at a grocery store [only 15-20] when all the carts were out on New Years Eve.
* We left change in all the vending machines we could find around a local mall.
* Left a gift card for my mailman. He rocks.
Some "acts" were bigger than others in time and in cost but looking back on it . . . I certainly enjoyed the completely anonymous ones better.
Now...............WHY DO I SHARE this with you?
O N L Y...................in the hopes that it will motivate others to do "RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS"
This is now something I will do EVERY year on or around my birthday. It was a BLAST to do a lot of these with my Peanut. It has made her a lot more mindful of just how much one small, small kind act can impact a person's day ---- and more importantly HER day.
Thank you so freaking much for all the awesome comments left for me on "MY DAY" today.
I. am. so. grateful.